After having sunk a good chunk of time into Saints Row The Third I have come up with a few tips that will make parts of the game more manageable. These tips were used on the hardest difficulty setting so they will be applicable for anyone who is playing. If you have any specific things you need help with let me know and I can pass on some of my help. These tips are what I had to focus on, change, or found particularly useful in my gameplay.
- CYBER TRAILBLAZING: Cyber trailblazing is ridiculously easy, even on the hard levels if you adjust the sensitivity of the thumbsticks. Go into options and turn down the X-axis sensitivity to smooth out your motions on the light bike. After doing this you will find that you won’t be flying up the sides and getting turned around.
- TRAILBLAZING: I was having a helluva time passing the regular trailblazing levels until I started running over pedestrians. When you have a nice open sidewalk jump on there and mow them down. You will find you can amass plenty of time to finish the activity.
- PROFESSOR GHENKI: Fully upgrade the Kobra pistol as well as enable dual wielding.
- INSURANCE FRAUD: Don’t bother heading to the bonus zones. You will waste at least 30 seconds getting there and I didn’t find the adrenaline meter filled up fast enough to justify the lost time. After you start the activity, head to the nearest intersection and start playing in traffic. Also, big points can be had by running into the side of a large vehicle while running parallel to its direction of travel.
- GENERAL TIP: Upgrade the Flashbang to the Fart in a Jar (level 4) and the Tek Z-10 SMG all the way as early as possible. This will make brutes much easier to kill. Use the Fart in a Jar to stop them dead in their tracks and then shoot them with the Tek Z-10. A fully upgraded Tek Z-10 will have incendiary bullets so you will light them on fire for additional damage. Dual wielding SMGs of course adds to this potent combo.
- SNATCH: Fully trick out a four-door car. Don’t forget to max out all of the performance. Fart in a Jar is extremely useful for stopping limos that are carrying people you need to pick up. Throw a Fart in a Jar at the driver and he will immediately pull over.
- HELI ASSAULT: I found that my rockets were a major source of damage to my homie’s car. Be sure to switch to the machine gun when the gang cars are in close proximity to your homie. The only exception to this is when your homie is moving forward and the other car is behind them.
Those are all of the tips that I can think of for now. Should I come across some more as I play I will be sure to update this post. If you have any specific places you are running into trouble let me know and I will do what I can to help out. Don’t forget to check out my other posts on Saints Row the Third.