For those that have played Saints Row 2 you know how powerful the Bear is. You know how it makes Snatch missions a breeze. You know how much damage it can take. You know you want one. Me too, and I figured out where and how to get one. Word to the wise. You will die – a lot, so be sure to have a recent save, or spend all your money so the hospital doesn’t drain you. It is going to take a few tries before you pull it off, but when you do, you will have a very useful vehicle that will make otherwise infuriating side missions much, much easier. The steps? I thought you would never ask.
- Finish the “Party Down” mission to obtain the penthouse. You can obtain the Bear earlier, but the path into the garage is easier than going to the apartment.
- To get the Bear you will want a very fast car. I found the Temptress and Torch both will spawn the Bear. The reason you need these cars is because vehicles tend to spawn like vehicles around them. My assumption is that the Temptress and Torch, both extremely fast vehicles have a high point value coding wise, much like the Bear. Like spawns like.
- Refer to the map above. The circled island is the military base. Once you go there it is an automatic 3 shields and they will be on you.
- Drive in there fast and hope that a Bear spawns to take you out. Once the Bear is there jump out of your car, head to the Bear and hope that you can get in before you die. After that, head to the nearest garage and store it.
The Eagle helicopter with rockets and a mini gun is a little bit tougher to get, but not impossible. It is not able to soak up the bullet damage like the Bear so I often found myself being shot down frequently. Back to the steps:
- “Party Down” has to be finished so you can store helicopters at your penthouse.
- You want a crappy car for this. Something light and agile with some decent speed. A Zimos works nicely. You want a car with a lower point value so you don’t spawn other heavy duty vehicles when you go to the base.
- When you get there you will want to go to the X marked on the map. The Eagle will be on a raised platform and my game had it on the right. The one on the left has no weapons so it isn’t of much use. Grab the one on the right and you will have a chopper with rockets and a mini gun.
- To get to the helicopters you need to drive right up to them. Go around the military shooting at you, drive through the gate trying to go as far as you can. The idea is to get there as quickly as possible before the big guns show up.
- Once you are in the chopper, go vertical while pulling the stick towards the water. You want to get away from the ground forces so you only have to take out the chopper trying to shoot you down.
- Take out the other chopper and head to the penthouse. Land carefully and retreat inside.
Done! While the Eagle isn’t as useful as the Bear it never hurts to have it on hand when you want to cause a little mayhem. Have any questions, comments, or other tips you want me to figure out in Saints Row the Third? Leave them down below and I will see what I can do.
Update: After finishing the game this is one of the only ways you can find the Bear. You will not obtain the Bear during any missions so if you want to use it this is, in my opinion the easiest way to do it.